Monday, October 19, 2009

Blog Post 2.1:

Where do I get my news?  Upon first thoughts, my mind drew a blank. I guess that is not a good sign. But then, I delved into the inner workings of my brain and analyzed the last few months and discovered where I really do get my news.  On occasion, I watch the local news or a national news broadcast, but I usually obtain my news from the Internet. About a week ago I was lucky enough to find and download an application for my iPod from the New York Times (which is really neat, and everyone should get it if they have an iPhone or iPod Touch—it is free!), and it has vastly increased the rate at which I acquire news.  Before this wondrous invention, I mainly got my news from, well, Facebook—but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Think about it—Facebook is a great place for news to spread! Statuses, links, photos, videos, and more, all flow by the hundreds, if not thousands, by a user on a daily basis. It would be strange if news did not travel rapidly through Facebook. Of course, I also got news from the obligatory news websites, such as CNN and BBC, through RSS feeds on my browser. The only thing I did not like about these sources was that most of the news was about events in Iraq, which in my opinion, is the same stuff repeated time and time again. My second main source is my peers; they provide both factual information on events that I might have overlooked, but they also add new insight on events of which I had prior knowledge.  Overall, one thing is clear. I need to find more news sources as soon as possible.


Sorry this was late! I slept all day because I think I'm coming down with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment