As I revisited my earlier posts, I found it difficult to find a post that I could either forward or counter. After a few minutes of scrutiny, I rediscovered my second blog post, all the way back from September 2nd. I know it's odd, but I feel that I should counter this post because it is not necessarily true. I wrote:
"Why do people write? The answer is a simple one: to inform others. Though it is true that some writers keep their works hidden, the works are written down because it simulates bearing one's soul to another human being. Blogs, however, almost guarantee that it will be read by a reader. If an amateur writer writes a piece, there is a strong chance that it will go unread. Blogs give everyone, despite their writing skills, the ability to be heard; in other words, one does not have to be a novelist or journalist in order to be noticed. Some of the top bloggers of the world are everyday people."
Though it is true that blogs give a writer the chance to be heard, it does not mean that the writer will be heard; there are numerous blogs on the Internet that go unnoticed on a daily basis, much of ours included (if you exclude the class, who is required to read it). Of course, this is not to say that the writer will not be heard either. With the advent of the search engine, blogger's blogs can easily be discovered by subject, but those with obscure subjects may not have many (if any) readers.

No comments:
Post a Comment