Going from blog to blog, I was not surprised in the least to discover that everyone (well, I'll admit, I didn't look at every blog) got on Facebook. But why? Facebook is a way for people to stay connected in a world where people are used to seeing more of their friends and family than in prior years before the cell phone or the internet. It gives everyone the excuse to "hang out" with old pals (or new ones), though indirectly. Strangely enough, I noticed that no one who's blog I read got on MySpace. Four years ago, that would certainly not have been the case. Facebook would barely have shown up, if at all. MySpace still held the title of "Most Used Social Network." I find it funny how this drastic change took place, as back then everyone loved MySpace and hated Facebook, whereas today, the opposite is true.
Though everyone used it, I tragically discovered that I use Facebook more than anyone else. It makes me sad, but at the same time, I don't care because I love Facebook so much. I wonder if there really is such a thing as a Facebook addiction. If there is, I definitely have one. Are there others who share this addiction? Are there any in the class?
This study has also opened the doors to new websites for me. I had never been to My Life is Average until today, though I had heard about it before. The posts on it were hilarious. In fact, they were so enjoyable, they made me put off doing this until I had read 26 pages of posts.
After contemplating what I wrote, I've determined that the Internet is my excuse to procrastinate. Oh well!

you read 26 pages of MLIA? That's almost an accomplishment.
ReplyDeleteI really did, and I feel like a huge dork for doing it. But it was sooooo worth it.
ReplyDeleteI doubt your time on Facebook exceeded mine. I did a little editing in my log, because I was so ashamed of the amount of time I wasted on there :/
ReplyDelete